Moselle Valley 8 Days
The Moselle runs a spirited course accompanied by skilfully laid out vineyards rising to a height of nearly 300 metres. Towns and villages are tightly crowded together in the narrow space between the river and the hills: romantic and cosy, slate-roofed and half-timbered,_with towers and castles perched up above. At almost every bend in the river there is a castle dating from the Middle Ages, many of which can still be visited today. The Moselle also has two younger sisters – the Saar and Ruwer. All three rivers have given their name to Germany’s most northerly winegrowing area, there are around 5,000 vineyards in 125 wine-growing villages cultivating around 70 million vines covering an area of 9,300 hectares.
Spectacular though it might be, this landscape creates especially demanding working conditions for the winegrowers. The best vines are often situated on dangerously steep slopes or in soils with a high slate content. However, that is what gives the wine its characteristic mineral quality.
Day 1: Depart from local pick-up point and travel to Hull for overnight sailing to Zeebrugge.
Day 2: Arrive Zeebrugge approx. 09-00hrs local time, travel by coach to the Moselle Valley, arrive approx. late afternoon.
Days 3 – 6: Included excursions + optional day Moselle River cruise.
Day 7: Depart from the Moselle Valley, if time permits visit to Bruge before arrival at Zeebrugge for overnight sailing to Hull.
Day 8: Arrive Hull at approx. 09-00hrs local time, travel by coach to your local drop-off point.
- All coach travel with allocated seating from your local pick-up point & return.
- Overnight ferry crossing each way via Hull, including en-suite inside cabin.
- Five nights dinner bed & continental breakfast at our selected hotel in Moselle Valley area.
- All hotel rooms with en-suite facilities.
- Included excursion to Koblenz.
- Included excursion to, Boppard.
- Optional Moselle River cruise at extra cost.
- Meal package return on-board P&O Ferries – £48 per person – 2 breakfasts + 2 evening meals, eat as much as you like.
- Cabin upgrade to low beds on-board P&O Ferries – £20 per cabin return.