Brussles Flower Carpet 3 Day Mini Cruise
Brussels Flower Carpet:
A huge carpet of begonias covers the Grand-Place (75 metres by 25 metres) every two years. The cut flowers are arranged directly on the pavement of the square by specialist horticulturalists from Ghent. The resulting pattern of colours is best viewed from the balcony of the town hall. The theme for the 2018 edition is Maya culture.
Brussels is yours to discover, from the Grand Place to the historic Cinquantenaire, from the entertaining Heysel to the Royal district, passing through the smart Loise district on the way. The Mannequin Pis is a famous landmark, his statue is in bronze and stands at the corner of Rue De LEtuve.
On the Brussels skyline is the Atomium which was built for the 1958 World Fair, commonly called Expo 58, its spherical structure was only supposed to be temporary, it wasn’t meant to survive after 1958. Its popularity and success made it a popular landmark, it symbolised peace amongst nations, faith in progress, both technical and scientific.
Brussels is also known for its excellent shopping, being the capital of Belgium it houses many well known names. There are an abundance of cafe bars and restaurants which cater for every taste. If you just want to take it easy, you may want to stroll alongside the Willebroek Canal which is only 500 meters from the Grand Place.
- Day 1: Cruise overnight to the continent on one of our selected Mini Cruises to Brussels, enjoy views from the outside deck as you sail down the Humber into the North Sea. On-board facilities include cabaret, bingo, cinema, bars, cafes, restaurants and late night disco.
- Day 2: Arrive in Zeebrugge at approx. 09-00hrs local time, board our coach and travel to Brussels.
- Visit the magnificent Flower Carpet located in Grand Place.
- In the afternoon, make your return journey to Zeebrugge Ferry Port for the overnight sailing to Hull.
- Day 3: Arrive back in Hull approx. 09-00hrs local time, board our coach and make the return journey to your local drop-off point.
- All coach travel from your local pick-up point and return.
- Overnight each way on-board P&O Ferries via Hull, including inside twin en-suite cabin.
- Excursion to Brussels Flower Carpet in Grand Place.
- Meal package return on-board P&O Ferries £54 per person – 2 breakfasts + 2 evening meals, eat as much as you like.
- Cabin upgrade to low beds on-board P&O Ferries – £20 per cabin return.